[simpits-tech] This is too cool...

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 10:36:05 PST 2004

My squadrons 3 year old 172 definitely has that problem. As I understand it the new 172s hold a bit more fuel. We never fill the tanks past the tabs or we cannot takeoff with three adults. I'm sure you would be okay with two adults and 2 small kids, but if you fill the tanks all the way your stuck with only two adults. Now our old 182's are another topic, they actually give you a kick in the pants on takeoff. :)

Have any of you flown in the new 172 with the leather seats and the car style shoulder strap rather than the traditional 4 point hookup? In the rear seat it is a real pain to adjust in our plane. The front seats they work OK, but I still don't like them. If I were in a crash I would feel safer with a strap over each of my shoulders.

Justin

>In fact as I understand it, the newer 172's are so limited
>on payload that you'd probably find you have better load carrying capability
>in a Grumman.

Do you Yahoo!?