[simpits-tech] harddrive problems

Al West mail at prbox.com
Sun Mar 21 07:01:11 PST 2004

It's most likely either:
Incorrect jumper settings on the drive - but usually they ship without any
capacity limiting options.
Or your BIOS can't handle that size of drive.

Check to see what your BIOS says about the drive - you might have to enable
LBA and while you are there 32-bit disk access (did you know this is turned
off by default on so many machines).

Failing that look up the motherboard on the net to see if there are any
firmware updates for the BIOS.

Cheers,
Al