[simpits-tech] harddrive problems

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 21:35:21 PST 2004

I just bought a 40 gig drive. I am useing a win 98 SE boot disk and when I give it a primary dos partition it shows it as only a 5 gig drive. can Win 98 not handle 40 gig?

 Can it be that it is because it is on an old Athlon 650? Or is that evan a factor.

Windows installs on the drive but it bites only being able to 5 gig on a 40 gig drive.

The drive wont show up at all on a k62 350, which is my internet machine until I get another motherboard for it.

Thanks for any ideas.
Justin

Do you Yahoo!?