[simpits-tech] Stupid Monitor Purchase

Al West mail at prbox.com
Sun Mar 21 02:32:53 PST 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 17:33, Gene Buckle wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about a
> > HITACHI NCD monitor., Apparently these monitors have BNC
> > connections to them, I of course do not have these
> > connectors, My first question is can this be used with a
> > regular computer video card if I have the correct adapter
> > and where might I find a vga to 5 BNC connectors. This will
> > teach me to be wary of a EBAY purchase. No wonder it was so
> > cheap.
>
> Don't despair my boy, BNC to VGA cables are quite common.  How are the BNC
> connectors on the back of the display marked?

With 5 BNC connections you should find that they are labelled V, H, R, G, and
B.

However for someone with older equipment you might find the following link
useful - it details simple circuits for connecting to composite sync or sync
on green equipment.
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2rgbs.html

Also if you are up to it Mark they show what connections need to be made to
the 15pin DIN monitor socket for BNC connections (3/4/5 connectors).

Cheers,
Al