AW: AW: AW: [simpits-tech] Very good news for pit builders

Chris Crowley ccrowley at mccrowley.com
Wed Mar 17 05:18:03 PST 2004

I am building a viper as well and our only problem with taking on the eagle
is its detection range due to the higher fidelity radar and ECM systems. The
Radar range has been advertised as nearly 2X the viper. Other features of
the radar and its flight characteristics make it a formidable platform for
anyone to take on. Where I used to work, the standard pitch was, you can get
2 vipers for every F-15, but its more than worth it to buy the Eagle
(performance, range, and payload).

If you can beat the first first part of the engagement (they both carry the
same missile), then we would have a chance at the merge.

My preference is the Eagle, it just doesn't have the support for cockpit
building like the Viper.

This is really great news though, I was very down in the dumps with what has
been happening with our beloved Falcon 4.

Chris