[simpits-tech] Gameport USB adapter

Ed Henderson aircop at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 17:29:18 PST 2004

I think I'll take the plunge and try it out.  I saw the radio shack
converter and a few others but I need at least three gameport slots.
All the extra features on the Suncom are keyboard emulation via the ps2
port so they should work as is.  The biggest reason I want to convert to
USB is...  if I assume correctly I can hook up the joystick to one port,
the throttle to another, and the pedals to a third.  This "should" allow
me to use both axis on the throttle so I will wind up with:  x-y for
yoke (stick), x-y for throttle (left and right engine), and x for
rudder.  All the buttons on the Suncom are moot because like I
mentioned, they are all emulated through the ps2 keyboard wedge.

Ed