[simpits-tech] The Eagle has landed. Again. :D

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jun 15 14:20:38 PDT 2004

The v1.02 patch has been released for Lock On: Modern Air Combat!  This is
a landmark release for the simpit building community because it has
_specific_ and _planned_ support for data extraction.

The data export feature utilizes a lightweight scripting language called
Lua (http://www.lua.org).  Using Lua, you can easily interface to a TCP/IP
stack with LuaSocket and thus "publish" data to other software that can
make use of it for driving your cockpits.

I don't know how extensive the exported element list is as yet because I
don't have the patch myself.  If the programmers at Eagle Dynamics
followed the export list that I sent in (at their request), you'll most
likely have _everything_.  From engine data all the way out to
EWWS/TEWS/RWR data and radar target info.

If you proudly wear the title "fighter puke" and you don't already own a
copy of Lock On, go buy it!  You can't let something like this slip by!
It should be available in the under $30 bin by now. :)

The main Lock On website is at http://www.lo-mac.com.  If you need any
assistance with Lua or have questions about Lock On, don't hesitate to
ask but please give me a chance to download the patch so I can see what
the crew at ED included.

Thanks all!