[simpits-tech] Joystick POT and gameport

Frank Riedel frank at rezultat.dk
Thu Jun 10 01:14:39 PDT 2004

Hi g.
Below is the pinout... the gameport is on a SoundBlaster PCIcard
I have connected the pot to pin 1 and 3 and the second pot to pin 6

Help ?
pin     purpose
1       potentiometer common            (Joy A)
2       button 1                        (Joy A)
3       X coordinate potentiometer      (Joy A)
4       button common                   (Joy A)
5       button common                   (Joy B)
6       Y coordinate potentiometer      (Joy A)
7       button 2                        (Joy A)
8       unused
9       potentiometer common            (Joy B)
10      button 1                        (Joy B)
11      X coordinate potentiometer      (Joy B)
12      MIDI TXD (transmit)             (computer -> midi)
13      Y coordinate potentiometer      (Joy B)
14      button 2                        (Joy B)
15      MIDI RXD                        (midi -> computer)
          Joystick B             ____      Joystick A
                                /    |
                              /      |
                            /        |