[simpits-tech] Convention

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Tue Jul 27 11:40:13 PDT 2004

Well, the ALEA convention was not to bad. The driving from the motel to the
convention center was miserable. For a large city like Charlotte, you would
think the roads would be better. Interstates are total gridlock during rush
hour!

I saw a led backlighted panel that was taken apart, really slick. Also got
a very good description of all the laser does and what type of paint they
use. I might send my NAT audio panel backlight to them for repair or rebuild.

The helicopter flight simulator in a trailer got a lot of my attention.
They use lcd projector and back projection. The image was really defined. I
hope min turns out as well.

A lot of the cockpits are going to large lcds for flight instruments and
navigation. An AB139 by Agusta in Coast Guard colors had some very large
lcds with just about everything on them.

If I can get the pictures from my 8mm camcorder to computer, I will post
some images.

Fred Mahone