[simpits-tech] Sim-Instruments launches first products

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Thu Jul 15 02:21:07 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 07:57:46PM +0100, Al West wrote:
> Surely greater than or less than the real thing is no longer (very good)
> simulation.

I thought that too when I read "better than the real thing" :-)

But looking at the pictures (esp. electronics), I'd say that you guys put some good
engineering work into those instruments.

I am wondering why eg this picture:
http://sim-instruments.com/images/Pics/P021211COC.gif
has undergone some 'picture editing to obfuscate the
ICs/microcontrollers used ?

>From the text it sounds like you might be using Microchip PICs...
"The controler delivers a 4Mhz microcontroller capable of delivering up to
1Mpbs [...]"
found here: http://sim-instruments.com/Pages/English/Instruments/oic.htm

Regards,
Manuel
--
Opensource/Free Software: No Gates, No Windows