[simpits-tech] Question

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Jul 13 03:44:59 PDT 2004

Gene Buckle wrote:

> >       I guess I should hang out on ebay more, you guys seem to find all
> > manner of cool loot. :) I looked around once for LCD panels there and
> > all I could find were like one or two junky 640x480 panels.
> >
> The LCD projector panels that can do 800x600 are fairly rare.  They're a
> lot cheaper to operate per hour so companies hang on to them longer.

	Cheaper than 640x480 panels? How's that? Hmmm maybe I need to find an
IT outfit that's going out of business. ;)

> >       Grrrr, all this talk of cockpit stuff makes me want to build one!!!
> > Living at home has its advantages, but space for cockpit building is not
> > among them. :/
> >

> Got a sibling you could sell to a University for medical experiments?
> It'd help pay for an addition to put your new sim in. :)
>
> g.

	I do indeed have a sister, but I think she would object! Not to mention
the issues my mom might have with me knocking out a wall so I can tack
on my sim room (especially considering I'd probably use up most of the
yard in the process).
	Seriously, I'm hoping in a few years I can find a nice little house to
buy, and just build a dedicated garage for simming, and cars, R/C
planes, and whatever else I happen to get in to. Now is not a good time
to consider such things, however....now that I'm out of college and have
a little bit of free cash plus a local place available to fly, my
interest in R/C has rekindled considerably, I'm about to drop some $$$
into a couple of my old planes to trick them out. I've been hanging out
at rcuniverse.com and also browsing the net for kits, I have all sorts
of ideas for neato-cool planes I want to build. :) Let's
see...........Sig Cub, GP RV-4, TF T-34, scratch-built Mountain Goat, TF
FW-190, Herr Cub converted to an L-4, Herr Cherokee, a Baron
(scratch-built, perhaps?), some WWI biplanes might be nice
	Ah, so much cool stuff to buy, so little money. :P

	-Matt Bailey