[simpits-tech] Computer problems

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Jul 13 01:38:21 PDT 2004

Yeah, I had bad RAM in my sis's new comp...really weird, the machine ran fine
until I tried to use a 3D accelerated app, then the app would die (at best),
or the comp would reboot. But get this, the Direct3D test stuff in dxdiag
actually worked just fine! Talk about driving you crazy.........I tried
numerous apps, tested the video card in my own machine, investigated the
Windows hardware setup, looked at temps and tried running with parts of the
case on and off, nothing seemed to help. I didn't seriously think it could be
RAM, but swapping the brand new 256 meg stick with a 256 meg stick from my
own machine cured all ills. Go figure.

	-Matt Bailey