[simpits-tech] MacGayver

Brian Sikkema hangr18 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:47:06 PDT 2004

That's indeed been the problem! I tried to create my own formulas
then, they even worked (for me, but not for very long, especially not
for the others) , but the teacher told me that he thought about
sending my test to Stockholm, suggesting it for a Nobel Price
nomination as I dramatically simplified the laws of Physics!! Yes,
I've been a real genious ;o))))

Once for a lab report I found I had to chart the volume of a cylinder of an
engine as a function of the position of the crankshaft. I set to work coming
up with a decent formula and finally hammered out a graph that looked just
as it should. I even got full credit! But later on someone pointed out the
formula a few pages back in the manual, and it looked quite different...
hehehehe. So long as it works....

Anywho, it's not like simplifications are such bad things! Ever hear of the
ideal gas law? Too bad there's no ideal gas... But we use it anyway! :D If
we didn't, I think the suicide rate of aspiring engineers would probably
increase dramatically...

Brian