[simpits-tech] fighterops - for gene

Michi Hirczy mi.hi at gmx.net
Wed Jul 7 15:16:41 PDT 2004

Ido Dekkers wrote:

> HI Gene
>
> Don't know if you are updated in fighterops news but:
> they just bought the Xplane engine and are developing the sim around it.
> the first 2 flyable planes are F16 and  ...... F15 C and E.
> considering the fact that it's xplane based you cane be sure the flight
> model will be accurate and they are supporting all sim hardware:

Hey, Ido, that's not exactly correct.
Fighterops will _NOT_ use the flightmodel of X-Plane, just the scenery
engine (and maybe some other engines I'm not aware of). The flightmodel
will be done by the fighterops dev themselves.

Here's the public statement:
<snip>
G2interactive will not be using the X-Plane flight model as the G2I Team
has developed their own Flight Model which is better suited to high
performance military combat aircraft. This new capability will empower
Fighter Ops to be visually leaps and bounds ahead of any competition
thanks to a completely custom built Terrain Engine and Dedicated Custom
High Resolution graphics. These features are not only visually accurate
but are also location accurate within 1 meter resolution and in many
“High Value Areas”, even better.

The Teaming Agreement between Laminar Research and G2interactive is sure
to produce a unique combat flying environment and an new level of
immersion for the simulation pilot. With bold new features like
Multi-Monitor Support, Complete Electrical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic and
Mechanical Monitoring & Failures, Real Weather Support, Spherical World
Modeling (no more flat flying areas), Over 22,000 Airports with their
correct VOR & ILS modeling, Realistic ATC, Ground, Tower, Departure,
Center, FAC, etc…and much more.
<snap>

greetings
michi