[simpits-tech] Mastercard moment...

Al West mail at prbox.com
Tue Jul 6 18:29:39 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:06, Gene Buckle wrote:
> > > I've got a PS2, so not having a PC version is ok.  I just gotta figure
> > > out how to hook up the THX Klipsch speakers I've got to the PS2. :)
> >
> > IIRC the PS2 has an optical output for Dolby Digital - you should simply
> > just be able to connect the right fibre from the PS2 to your decoder.  If
> > your decoder hasn't got optical inputs then there are units around that
> > will conver from optical to coax for $20 or so.
>
> Al, I hunted for something like that for hours yesterday and found
> nothing.  I need something that'll allow me to use the 5.1 speakers I have
> for the PC.  It has two 1/8" din plugs instead of one.  Works great with
> the SB Audigy Pro that I have.

I think I've got the price wrong though more like - the first place I saw in
the US was $79:

http://www.smarthome.com/77709.html

I found it (number 2) with this search :
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=optical+coax+converter+dolby+digital+buy&btnG=Search

1/8 inch sounds a little small though.

Cheers,
Al