[simpits-tech] Twist throttle

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Tue Jul 6 11:33:57 PDT 2004

Gene,

	I forgot to ask which helicopter you would be simming. In a turbine and
higher level piston engine helicopters, the engine
speed is controlled by a governor, once started and warmed up, you twist
the throttle to full and the governor does the rest.  Unless
you want to simulate a failed governor, a throttle is not necessary.

	If you want to simulate a Schweitzer 269, Bell 47, or a Rotorway, you will
need the throttle.

	Like I just read, a motorcycle or easier to get minibike twist throttle
will work fine.

Fred Mahone