[simpits-tech] font

Fred Mahone fred.mahone at vt.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:08:22 PDT 2004

Boy, who would have thought something as simple as a font would cause so
much mail. I have done searches at font.com and they come up with the
Gordon TT font as a near perfect match.

I am going to make a close observation at the lettering of panels in the
helicopters on display at Charlotte. A lot of the after market
assemblies are back lighted and I would expect with the helicopter
vibration, font readability is of great importance. I know Bell supplied
engraved panels are MIL-SPEC but not sure about American Eurocopter.

While cleaning up (I am looking for land to build a new home) for a
possible move, I have uncovered some items that might be of interest. One
is a set of cd-roms on the A320 aircraft for Southwest Airlines (I think I
got that all right). These came with some Bell Helicopter cd-roms. They are
of no use to me, so they are up for grabs. Essentially, they are the
manuals on rom.

I may be cleaning out some electronic components, I have not gotten that
far into my basement. I know I have some mil-spec pilot lamp housings that
take the 327 lamp and a pile of C&K miniature toggle switches, some locking
type.

Fred Mahone