Chris... [simpits-tech] Need fibreglass info...

harold enos fliper56789 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 09:20:15 PST 2004

   The base finish is KRYLON wrinkle finish paint, (#3370 jet black) with an enamel plastic like bumper paint splatered in on the glareshield from a distance, to get the finish your looking for may take some experimentation,  of all the wrinkle paints on the market Krylon seems to be the only one that realy works and we tested them all i think, you can lay down your required coats and soon as you see it start to wrinkle hit it with a heat gun to speed up the process, and kinda at the same time splater the other paint in on top of the wet wrinkled finish, (not to heavy though)  It will take a few days to set up rock hard, but you will end up with a very durable finish. We have come up with an auto body two part paint that does the same thing but the cost is to high and the average guy does not have the spray equipment to do the job, anyone can do this and best of all it's cheep as far as paint finishes go.

Best  Phil

Roy Coates <roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > web-site,.http://www.geocities.com/a_h_sawdust/our_cessna172_simulator.html
>
> Nice job Phil!

Thats better than nice - its awesome!

What did you use to get that finish on the glareshield?

Roy.

To unsubscribe, please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks!