[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Steve Wilson mafsix at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:43:58 PST 2004

I *think* you could force the issue with an interpreter "layer" between
Linux and the sim, but it would be doggy slow.  Executables are "ported" for
specific operating systems, that is, the code has to be optimised and
compiled with a compiler that's compatible with the OS that's running on the
system you plan to use.  And MSFS being a Microsoft product, it is condemned
to Windows.  There may be some way of porting code (generally speaking) to
make it friendly to multiple OS's, but I've not heard of that ...or did I
miss something? (Probably someone else saying what I just did!!  ;-)  )  I'm
running everything on Win2K Pro these days, and I'm happy with it.

Steve W.