[simpits-tech] Windows Questions

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Fri Jan 23 20:22:23 PST 2004

Brian Sikkema wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> A) What's the situation with XP Home? Good? Bad? Ugly? Can it handle
> the system specs?
> B) Until I get XP, can 98 handle this machine? I know it won't take
> advantage of the 2nd processor or the 3GB RAM, but will it be able to
> run?

I will answer these questions upon the reciept of one of those machines ;)

A) It should, haven't had any problems with XPH so far except for things
caused by other software. No hardware issues at all. It was even a breeze to
install a 2nd sound card as the default card so I can use the onboard card
for Teamspeak.

B) Yes, but you'll want to check on the issues with memory in excess of 512m
and the swapfile.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net