[simpits-tech] Viperpit.org SSC project a success.

Craig Rochester johncraigroch at msn.com
Thu Jan 22 07:54:52 PST 2004

Thanks Marv,

It has been great fun working with the Viperpit.org guys.  A community project where many people
brought their expertise to bear the project.

Question Marv, I still don't understand the design rationale behind the pitch-down axis(16 lbs. at
.030").  I have some info that calls for 29 lbs. at 0.030".  The higher value makes more sense to
me. I've read that the pitch-down is more susceptible to over controlling and that's why the set the
smaller deflection.  Why would they not use the higher force?

Thanks,

Craig R.