[simpits-tech] Re:paint primer color?

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jan 21 08:17:24 PST 2004

>  >>>ZC is a corrosion inhibitor and a protectant.  It's
> massive overkill for a
> homebuilt sim.  Even on the F-15 I use normal gray enamel primer.
> g.>>>
>

> Hey Gene,
> How do you figure using ZC primer is "massive" overkill for a
> homebuilt sim?
> Jim

Because it will never see the environmental conditions that ZC is designed
to protect metal against.  Actually, I can't say "never" as there will
inevitably(sp) be some idiot that leave his/hers outside.  That of course
is perfect grounds for being whipped with a short section of hydraulic
hose with a Moog valve on the business end. :)

Another thing you might not have realized - if your part doesn't match the
types of ZC paint available, it may have been powder coated instead.  The
color you end up with is a yellow/green that doesn't quite match the
spray-on ZC equivalent.