AW: AW: [simpits-tech] a/c paint primer color????

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Jan 20 13:28:06 PST 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 12:21 pm, you wrote:
> > Hi Gene,
> >
> > so the bottom line is: Jim should be very careful with using that
> > primer?!
> >
> > :o)
>
> Without a doubt.  Me, I'd take a metal part down to the local Parker Paint
> and have them mix it up custom.  Right color, no cancer.  Parker can also
> mix paint by milspec FS paint code.
>
> g.

	Huh, interesting.........I remember a mechanic at a local airport spraying
some airframe parts with the green stuff, I assume it was zinc
chromate.....he didn't use a mask or anything, if I remember correctly. It
did bother me a little bit, but I didn't know about zinc chromate's
particulary hazardous properties!

	-Matt Bailey