[simpits-tech] a/c paint primer color????

Jim K. JimK at sisna.com
Mon Jan 19 14:38:02 PST 2004

Guys,
I have a few mil items that are painted in what I assume is the standard
zinc chromate primer paint.   I've seen lots of this paint before but I
never paid any attention to it.  :-)

Well now i am trying o match the paint color.

I bought two cans of Tempo zinc chromate primer.  One can is green 6889A
and the other is yellow 6889.   The parts that I have are closer to the
yellow color but have a touch of green in it as well.  The yellow can of
paint that i have is too yellow and not needs some green in it.  I have
spray cans so i can't just mix the paints.  So neither of these cans of
paint match my color.

Now I know i can just take the parts to a paint store and get a close
non-zinc paint.

Does anyone know someone that carries a wide range of these primers?   I'd
like to find the real primer match.

Thanks
Jim