[simpits-tech] RE: panels

Jim K. JimK at sisna.com
Thu Jan 15 13:36:04 PST 2004

 > You also might want to ask him about QC failures. MILSPEC QC is very
stringent
 > - especially for aviation type things - so they're bound to have some that
 > fail.
 > Richard

Mfg pass the mil spec QA requirements onto their supplier.  Its a mil
spec/contract requirement to do so.  I don't know if the panel company
actually buys the raw metal stock themselves and then does the machine work
in house or if they contract that out.   If that work is contracted out
then whoever makes the parts has the mil QA requirements.   If the parts
don't pass incoming QA at the panel company those parts would go back to
the supplier.
Jim