[simpits-tech] A4 and A7 for sale...

Ben Jones bjones at pipecomp.com.au
Wed Jan 14 17:34:06 PST 2004

> Like the A7, how much to ship it to NZ?

Prob 5 times the purchase price for us southern hemesphere folks,
i think the kiwi governments would have a heart attack once this baby landed
on the docks

if its any thing like trying to get aircraft parts out of the us to
australia, its a real headache,

2 months ago i ordered a turn and bank and slip indicator  from a us
supplier , the package arrived at
aussie customs in sydney labeled " fragile aircraft parts do not jolt " , i
got a phone call from customs asking why
i was importing amercian aircraft parts into australia , my answer " to go
into a aircraft ", the powers to be not
happy with my answer so the fed police were called from the anti R-H squad
asking why i was importing
us aircraft parts into australia,  my answer again " to go into a aircraft
" ... the D**k  on the phone paused and
asked why i couldnt buy a australian part to go into a aussie aircraft ....
my reply " because the aircraft is amercian
built "... then i was asked how i got a amercian aircraft into the country
through customs. i replied " i didnt get it through customs "
whell thats the fastest way to get a warrant to come into the feds and be
interviewed......
3 hours later me and dad left with the instrument in out hand and a apology
from the feds
It seems that the people that are proctecting us dont realise that about  60
percent of commercial light aircraft in australia
are imported from the us

whell there is no hope for the world i think

<dismounts soap box>

ben
bjones at pipecomp.com.au

[ IF THERE IS ANY FEDS MONOTORING MY EMAIL TRANSMISSIONS " YOUR SISTER WAS
GOOD IN BED !!!  BUT YOUR MUM  WAS BETTER ]