[simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 9 10:20:17 PST 2004

>When I started working here waaay back when everything was still in black
>and white, I was in awe of all these ultra-smart Phd type folks - until I
>saw one undoing a hex-headed bolt with a pair of wire cutters!  I've not
>been in awe since.

I'll see your wire cutters, and raise you an engineer undoing a bolt with
Vernier Callipers..... <aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!>

>Health and Safety is now ridiculous here, some machines have so many
>safety guards on them they are simply impossible to use.

Yessir.  We have a lovely 100ton press which the safety nazis have limited
it to "notching" only.... it is so guarded that it takes well over an hour
to change out the tooling!

>One of the bad things about the whole european crap is that you are no
>longer allowed to use common sense.

We have that problem down here too... you simply cannot legally define
"common sense" so it obviously does not exist...  sad.  maybe thats what
killed the dynosaurs.. the legislated themselves to extinction?

Sean.