[simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Wed Jan 7 15:54:37 PST 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 05:32 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Matt Bailey wrote:
> > OK, think I'm gonna try my Dremel with a cutting disc first on the
> > throttle idea, just wondering, when cutting/sanding painted areas of the
> > case (either on the chassis or on the case cover) do I need any kind of
> > dust mask or anything? The chassis is painted with some sort of flat gray
> > stuff, the white on the case cover I'd guess is epoxy based but not sure.
>
> Matt - its _always_ good practice to wear a mask. Even the cheapo ones
> will trap a suprising amount of FOD which is better out than in!
>
> Remember to sand with a fairly light grade of wet'n'dry before spraying
> for a better, more durable finish.
>
> Roy.

	Oh initially I just want to get it working, I'm not too worried about paint.
:) I just want to sand out any rough edges.
	Steve, I lost your e-mail but you mentioned something about reinforced
cutting discs for the Dremel. I haven't picked any up yet, how would I
identify the reinforced vs the cheapos? Will they be labeled as such or is it
a per brand thing?

	-Matt Bailey