[simpits-tech] One more PC case question.........

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Tue Jan 6 22:00:03 PST 2004

Matt Bailey wrote:
> OK, think I'm gonna try my Dremel with a cutting disc first on the
> throttle
> idea, just wondering, when cutting/sanding painted areas of the case
> (either
> on the chassis or on the case cover) do I need any kind of dust mask
> or
> anything? The chassis is painted with some sort of flat gray stuff,
> the white
> on the case cover I'd guess is epoxy based but not sure.

Cover all the spots you're cutting with masking tape. It tends to catch the
dust and schrapnel that cutoff wheels produce. Also remember that cutoff
wheels work with high speed, not high pressure, so let the blade work. I
hope you got reinforced wheels. The cheap ones last about 1/10th as long as
reinforced.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net