[simpits-tech] Yoke/pedal force

Matt Bailey mattb at rtccom.net
Tue Jan 6 17:09:21 PST 2004

The problem there is that you're changing the center point. You need pressure
to build as you increase pedal input, with a needle valve between the two
cylinders it would initially build but then start to taper off, eventually
equalizing if you held a constant rudder input. I've always thought the best
way to set up a pneumatic system would be to adjust pressure in the cylinders
with airspeed. You'd still have a constant amount of air in the cylinder for
a given speed, hence pressure would build as volume decreases, as you depress
the pedal/yoke/stick, but this pressure would increase as airspeed in the sim
increased. You'd have to have some serious regulators though.

	-Matt Bailey