[simpits-tech] Voice Buddy

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 09:09:21 PST 2004

has anyone tried Voice Buddy yet? It seems to be a usable item in a simpit.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/vbuddy.htm

In particular the below functions sound very useful for those of us with a two or more persone pit.

"I used the checklists two ways. First, I would trigger the Challenge-Response callouts by using the voice commands. If I said, "Lear 45 pre-start," I would hear callouts of the pre-start checklist for the Learjet 45. If I'm making my approach in the DC-3 and need prompts as to proper SOP, I just say, "DC-3 approach check." Voice Buddy then goes through the callouts for the approach checklist. There is a 1.5 second delay between the Challenge and the Response. That was just enough time for me to manually flip switches when I chose to interactively  follow along with the checklist."

I can see that Windows XP is becoming the main platform to support simpit addons. I'm gonna have to upgrade.
Justin