[simpits-tech] Re: making your own PANELS

Andre Breytenbach a_breytie at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 09:36:29 PST 2004

Guy
I did a lot of searching regarding backlighting and
the actual lights. At www.vishay.com go to LED and
then look for their 3mm backlight LEDs. They shine
SIDEWAYS more than forward, giving much better overall
lighting of the panel. Normal LEDs make a small light
spot at such short range.
Also look at putting a layer of white paint on the
panel before the black to reflect the light back in,
in stead of absorbing it into the black.

Good luck
Andre SimNut Breytenbach

--- Guy Lopes <guylopes at citlink.net> wrote: > Hi all.
Happy new year!