[simpits-tech] My comments - An aplology

Andre Breytenbach a_breytie at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 08:10:55 PST 2004

I would like to aplologise to those I upset with my
comments yesterday and extend my greatest thanks to
those that do take the extra time and effort to
publish their work.
It is just that I felt that too often people are
getting their requests brushed aside, shot down or
belittled when hunting for info. The tone of answers
to other's questions set me off yesterday. Please
read, think, read again and think again before
replying - I'll do the same from here on.

And yes, I do have enormous respect for people that
have to and do master so many technical diciplins, eg.
woodwork, metalwork, electronics and electrics,
graphic design, CAD, programming in several languages
etc. etc. for the sake of their hobby.
I know there is a wealth of hard information out
there, but hidden to the newcomer. In my first post to
the group, I requested (nicely) information about
dimentions of the lightplates of the panels. No
response, just go to xflight.
I want to make a difference for the better for all
involved, not just myself, whether building mk1 or
mk99 of his pit. I just cannot help those wanting to
buy of-the-shelf.
For my cockpit electronics I have grand plans. A large
part of it is designed and coded in '51 assembler, but
nothing built yet - budget! The Windows memfile part
is my greates problem, I am starting to learn Delphi
so I can do that part.
Based on FTDI USB, ATMEL MCS51 MPU, RS485, I have
great hopes for it, and I will publish it in detail.

Here is my open invitation. If you have hand drawn
sketches with accurate dimentions, loose original F-16
panels or lightplates or any original F16 parts, let
me know and we'll work out a way to get the info into
DXF format for all to use. I do not believe
step-by-step guides are needed for everything.

I will publish my untent and information I have
gathered on my site as promised.

Again apologies to those I offended, I promise to keep
my sharp tounge in check in future.

Best regards
Andre Breytenbach