[simpits-tech] making our own PANELS

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Thu Jan 1 18:26:37 PST 2004

>But it seems to me there are three four problems or obstacles to overcome.
>1. Can we find a local person to do the engraving?

Most trophy engravers now have Laser engravers

>2. Will that engraving be to expensive?

I was quoted $25.00 per panel setup, but I had to provide the artwork in a
file format that their graphics program could read.

>3. We need the dimensions of all the panels.

There are standards that the panel makers follow you can get this
information in a MS document that should be in the simpits file section

>4. Some panels like the landing gear panel which has some color to it
>might be to tough for us to

Controlling paint thickness as Marv mentioned is the bigger problem.

David
www.737FlightSim.com