[simpits-tech] beta innovations

Bubba mysticz28 at swbell.net
Thu Jan 1 05:29:40 PST 2004

RickInNoCal at aol.com wrote:

> Exactly !
>
> It's a pair of 2x24's.   I'll U/L a picture without the panel on.

If you feel like expanding:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=365&type=store

I got my 4x20 from 'em for dirt cheap and scounged a 2x16 out of a dead
gizmo I had sitting around. Both work fine on an Oopic, which is interfaced
the same as a parallel port, so they should work fine. Both have real
Hitachi 44780s on 'em, too :) I think I used some hacked up IDE cables to
connect the LCD to the Oopic, so I'll probably do the same with this
project. Wonder how tough it would be to build a USB to parallel converter
so that the whole thing could plug in like the rest of my panels will.
--
Steve
mysticz28 at swbell.net