[simpits-tech] Az Boneyards (was More real aircraft parts)

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 07:51:08 PST 2004

Man,
 I would  be there all the time!!! Of course I used to live an hour from there for 6 months and only made it once, but made it back several time after I had moved to Arkansas again. Last I knew there is a night once a week or once a month where you can bid on stuff AMARC is selling. The building is located right by the entrance where the museum tour but used to enter AMARC, I'm not sure if the tours have started again after 9-11 stopped them. If they still do it it is worth the money! What a sight to see so many fighters parked in long rows. That includes rows of oldA-10s  F-14s, F-15s, 16s, and 18s and a ton of F-4s, although the G and the late model Es are rapidly getting shot down as drones. There are a lot of C-130s and B-52s too.

If you want to by stuff from the salvage companies K-tech and Haveco seem to be the biggest.

DM is also great for watching fighters flying in the pattern, ecpecially if you like the A-10.

North of town is the Evergreen operation with a large amount of old Airliners including 747s, but I never managed to get in the gate. :)
Justin