[simpits-tech] Falcon4 BMS: pit builder news

Marv De Beque mdebeque at woh.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 19:00:44 PST 2004

"Use this feature with caution if you don't have a physical end stop for the
idle point - it's pretty easy to over do "slamming the throttle to idle""

Ha, ha.  I knew a pilot that did just that, then quickly pulled it forward
again past the buck idle gate.  The instructor asked the pilot if he knew
what he had just done.  The pilot recounted his error to the instructor.

The instructor asked the pilot why they were still flying.  The pilot didn't
know.

Once on the ground they made some phone calls to the engineers for the
engine and they all said that it couldn't be done without a stall.

The pilot told me for whatever reason he got lucky and never did that stunt
again.

Marv