[Simpits-tech] Real aircraft parts for simmers

Justin Messenger jjmessenger at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 08:33:11 PST 2004

they want $750 each for DC-9 seats. I guess that really is the going price for them and is not bad compared to other types of seats. I have about a thousand $ wrapped up in the MK-7 seat. But now I am to the point I'm ready to quit buying real parts so that I can Invest in the simulation products that I need. Otherwise I'll never have a DC-8 simulator! That means building replica seats rather  than buying the real things. I really doubt desert air sells a whole lot to our community with their prices.  One thing I do realize is that some parts in flightdecks are _really_ hard to remove like the rudder pedal assembly or the throttles. but $2000 for a few hours work of removing throttles is still good money!  I'd sure be happy to do it!

Even if you get lucky breaks like me and find cockpits and parts that are cheap, the cost of restoration and the conversion to a sim is still very expensive. We need a new section on the SimPits website "how to finace your simpit habit". ;-)

Justin