[simpits-tech] A look Inside Air Force One 72-7000

Sean Galbraith sean.g at paradise.net.nz
Fri Feb 13 14:49:22 PST 2004

At 17:18 12/02/04 -0800, you wrote:

> > Is it possible you're noticing the difference between the F-4D and F-4E,
> > where they added the popgun under the radome?
> >

>The shape doesn't look right.  I don't think it's an original radome.  I
>could of course be mistaken since if it's not an F-15, I don't know diddly
>squat about it. :)

Gene, you peasant!  That work of art is a short nosed F-4 (the best
kind!)  It was only the gun-nosed birds that had the long pointy
nose.  Navy jets (apart from Recon RF-4b's) had short noses.

Now, on F-15's.... I was given a little video clip of F-15's doing their
thang, to the song "Where Eagles Fly".  Nice!

Sean.