[simpits-tech] First part/first draft available...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Feb 8 14:41:47 PST 2004

> Ok, that begs the next question.  What is "anything else"?  I guess what I'm
> driving at is, when you have EPL code going, can the USB EPIC be seen as a
> HID and not a joystick/game controller?  This has ramifications for us die
> hard Falcon fliers in that Falcon can only use one "joystick/game
> controller" at a time but USB HID's can be used in multiples with the game.

You write EPL to configure your analog inputs from EPIC as joystick axes.
It will not only appear as a joystick, but _also_ as a HID.  This happens
because EPIC can send keystrokes to the host just as if it was a keyboard.
If you want to use a seperate joystick that's _not_ connected to EPIC,
then don't configure any of the analog input channels to appear as
joystick inputs.