[simpits-tech] GammaRay-256

TurboTas turbotas at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 08:54:33 PST 2004

Hi,

> your pit looks outstanding!

Thanks Justin.  I'm very new to this lark: it's very
over-engineered.  I can sit on the cockpit top by the
doorway cut and not even a creak or any movement ;-)
I can't take any credit for the design though!

>  You might want to try something besides the
Hagstrom though. I have the
> KE-71 it works flawlessly, but the GammaRay-256 has
256 swtches, is USB,
> and only costs $ 90.00 US!

<snip!>
>http://www.betainnovations.com/hardware/gammaray.html
>http://www.betainnovations.com/
>
>They have other really cool stuff too.
>I plan to use the Plasma, GammaRay-256,  and possibly
>the ElectronFlux for the DC-8 project

Excellent!  This looks really good.  With the KeyBoard
Studio software it supports keyup/keydown macros like
the Hagstrom.

I really fancy this (particularly as I can more than
double the switch count), but the FAQ for the Keyboard
Studio mentions some issues....

Anyone know of people using the GammaRay in a 'pit
with the Keyboard Studio Software? I'll go for it if
it'll work reliably in my 'generic' environment (I
don't want to limit myself to just a couple of Sims,
hence the Hagstrom approach).

You guys are all the 'vets: gimme some opinion ;-)

Toby.