[simpits-tech] New file uploaded to Simpits by Ben JONES.

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Feb 2 12:31:59 PST 2004

> Impressive piccy, but I think it's fake.  I'm a
> complete fool where such matters are concerned etc,
> but the aircraft seems to be travelling forward, have
> (a bit) of altitude, be climbing slightly and have
> both engines running.  It's also straight and level
> even though (clearly!) the pilots hands are no longer
It's real.  The F-16 only has one engine, unlike _real_ jets that have
two. *coughs* :)

The image shows at a guess, 1.25 seconds after the pilot pulled the
exit-stage-up handle.  It is real.

> on the controls.  Why on earth would anyone want to
> leave the plane ;-)

Well the alternative is being collected with a dozen rolls of paper towel
and a few hundred zip-loc baggies. :)

> First successful post from me: Tell me if it's OT ;-)
> Fresh face to this list in the last week: I'm trying a
> Generic build styled after Mssr Coates excellent
> X-Plane.info pit.  Only a week in and already my
> computer room resembles a carpentry shop.

Very nice Toby!  I see your associate has been taking labor lessons from
Roy. *gr&r*