[simpits-tech] Phidgets Wish List

David C. Allen allendc at qwest.net
Tue Aug 17 11:28:24 PDT 2004

Hello Everyone
If you are thinking of using Phidgets in your sim project, you might want
to post your requests for new Phidgets to
http://www.phidgetsusa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Some of the important items I would like to see from Phidgets would be as
follows:

I/O board 8/8/8 with the same type of outputs and input's as used on the
0/16/16 IO board

Phidget Analog Output with 12bit resolution providing 0-5v output at a low
current USB bus powered, for driving analog meter moments.

Phidget LED with a motherboard / Daughter board concept, that way custom
LED Daughter board could be built by the end user to fit the exact size of
their application <Like radio frequency displays>

Phidget Synchro would allow us to drive 400Hz instruments.

Phidget Encoder with a motherboard / Daughter board concept that would
allow for dual encoders or one single dual concentric encoder.

Phidget Absolute Encoder, this input device would interface to Absolute
rotary encoders.

Phidget LVDT this input device would allow the use of Linear Variable
Differential Transformers, to provide absolute, linear position measurement.

I would also like to see the RETURN of the Phidget 0/32/32 IO Board.

David
www.737FlightSim.com