[simpits-tech] WPAFB Museum

Roy Coates roy at flightlab.liv.ac.uk
Tue Aug 10 16:17:16 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Michi Hirczy wrote:

> Roy Coates wrote:
>  > Few people seem to understand that
> > it seldom hurts to ask and its always worked very well for me. In fact its
> > about to get me onto a Cessan Citation :-)
>
> FULL ACK - that's how I got to sit on the rail of an F-16 and got
> everything explained by the pilot, once he saw some pics of my sim (I
> _incidentaly_ had in my pocket *cough*).
> He even gave my his email address, to contact him if I would need parts
> of their old simulators :) (have to look for it now)

Way to go Michi!  Most/All pilots are as mad about aircraft as we are and
they are only too happy to share their enthusiasm. I did a similar thing
to you and it got me into a Navy Lynx helo a few months back.

Over the years, being brazen has gotten me into all sorts of places, from
ship dry-docks (awesome!) to drag-racer workshops.  I still haven't
managed Kylie's bedroom but I won't give up!!

Roy.

--

Roy Coates.
Dept of Engineering.