[simpits-tech] Fusalage

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Aug 3 14:10:54 PDT 2004

> What is it, a stripped F-15?

Nope.  Some guy built a 1/2 scale F-15 out of sheet metal and hope.  It
looks really sad - he wasn't much of a metalworker. :)  Search ebay for
"F15" and "trailer".  You should find it.

> Egads, I *sincerely* hope you're not relying on a scaled up version of a
> Guillows internal structure for a real plane. :P

We're crazy, not suicidal. :)  The idea (and it's just an idea right now)
is to take a model I have, scale it up 1:1 and build it.  Use hand carved
prop and a bunch of bungee cord and you've got a 1:1 scale rubber band
powered model.  I think it would look cool finished up with no skin on it.
:)

> A scale Nieuport has crossed my mind as well, but it wouldn't have the
> structural integrity and aerobatics capability of the RV-3.......I'm hooked
> BAD on aerobatics. :)

Get a Yak-3. :)