[simpits-tech] Fresnel Lens

Robert Barringer xenobob at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:15:04 PDT 2004

Well, I don't know much about the lens. I know it was originally from a
Projection TV. There was a man at the dump with a broken one. I asked him if
I could have the fresnel lens, and he agreed. I'm afraid all I know about
the donor TV system is that it probably ended up in a landfill somewhere.

Is this a good size lens for use in a simpit? I've never seen anyone else on
the internet with a lens this large. Since I'm on a budget, I'm not going to
buy a new TV, but I'll look around Goodwill stores and eBay. I'll try to
find a 20" monitor because of the higher resolution.

Oh, and to be honest, my name isn't really Robert, I always use an alias
when I sign up for free e-mail accounts and the like. I've always been kind
of paranoid of giving out personal information over the internet.