[simpits-tech] Fresnel Lens

Robert Barringer xenobob at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 19:20:37 PDT 2004

I have a large fresnel lens, about 27.75" by 37". It's gotten kind of dirty
from sitting in the garage and has a few scratches (kind of large, but on
the edge of the lens so I don't think they'll cause much trouble). I am
planning on building a Simpit soon, and would like to use this lens with it.
I don't know anything about fresnel lenses. What type of display should I
use? This is a very big lens. I'm thinking of getting as big of a TV as I
can, since my video card has an S-video input. How far away from the display
should I mount the lens? I'm sure I'll have to work everything out myself,
but I could use some ideas.
Also, what's the best way to clean this thing? It has quite a bit of dust
and dirt on it, and I don't want to damage it further.