[simpits-tech] Cautionary Tale: Viper-Pits

Steve Wilson mafsix at gci-net.com
Fri Sep 26 01:06:08 PDT 2003

All F-16 builders:  If ordering goodies from Viper-Pits, be sure to email first to ensure stock is on hand.  I ordered their knob set a month ago, and was told today (in response to *my* email) that it may be another 4 - 5 weeks before stock arrives stateside due to some sort of delay at "the factory."  Commo is a bit on the light side too, and being a proactive customer is recommended.  They will charge your credit card before shipping product to you as well, something they really shouldn't do.  I wanted to get their knob set really, really bad so that I'd have them for my pit, and could do a review as well, knowing how much we single faucet fans need these puppies.  I have every reason to believe that the product is a good one, and don't really feel that I'm sounding an alarm here - **stuff** happens from time to time.  But I also felt it might be good to share the experience, in the hopes of saving someone else similar frustration.

Steve