[simpits-tech] Power Supply

Heidner, Troy W theidner at ku.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:26:01 PDT 2003

> When plugged in, the only pin with power is #11 (PSON). I
> tried connecting this to pin #5 (PWRGOOD) with no results. No
> other pin has power. (I have to do this stuff here at work
> because I FRIED my multitester at home and they have a NICE
> one here!).

The trouble here is that the PWRGOOD line needs to be grounded, not set to
+5v.  The PWRGOOD line is on pin #14 on a standard ATX powersupply and the
line is usually green.  It needs to be grounded which can be accomplished
jumping it to any of the following pins 3,5,7,13,15,16, or 17.  These lines
are usually black.

The pins on the standard connector are numbered clockwise starting with pin
1 which is usually a yellow line.  It would be in the upper left corner if
you are looking at the end of the connector laying horizontally with the
clip down.

Hope that helps!

Troy