[simpits-tech] Real World Viper Question

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Sep 24 08:15:51 PDT 2003

> Do the F-15 & F-16 still use the same GE F100 engine?  If so, wouldn't the
> Eagle have two birds?  Or maybe the little bird has grown into an Eagle?

The F-15C uses Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 engines and the E uses the
-229.  That monstrosity from GE shouldn't be called an engine, it should
be called a high-speed fan blade dispenser.  I'm surprised that they can
find anyone to fly it - I'd demand a new engine vendor first. :)

The F-15A and early model C used the P&W F100-PW-100 engine.